See here the information regarding JEE Main 2017 Eligibility criteria in detail.
JEE Main 2017 is an all India basis entrance test for the admission to engineering and technological courses offered by various governments, private and funded institutions including the NITs and IIITs. JEE Main 2017 is the primary stage examination for admissions to prestigious IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and ISM (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad.
JEE Main offline exam (Pen and Paper Based exam) 2nd April 2017
JEE Main online exam (Computer Based exam) 8th & 9th April, 2017
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria refers to the condition as designed by the exam authority to appear JEE Main2017. Herr we gives the details information regarding academic qualifications, age requirement and other eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2017. To appear JEE Main 2017 students should go through the articles.
Age Criteria For Appearing JEE Main 2017
- DOB of the General Candidates should be on or after 01/10/1997
- Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Person with Disabilities (PwD) candidates Born or after 01/10/1987
- Note- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
Qualifying Exam For Appearing JEE Main 2017
- The candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2015 or 2016
- The candidates who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in JEE.
- The students who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2014 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2017 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2017.
- The applicants who appeared in class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2014, did not pass in 2014, but passed in 2014 are also not eligible to appear in JEE 2017.
- The Examinees willing to appear for improvement examination of class 12th in 2017 have to appear in all the 5 subjects as per the scheme of study of the concerned board.
- Further, the candidates may also note that in the percentile system, the total marks (of all five subjects) obtained/shown on the mark-sheet of a particular year are required in JEE Main and also in JEE (Advanced). The marks from two different year’s (i.e. marks for 3 subjects from year 2016 and marks for other 2 subjects from 2017) mark-sheets cannot be considered for percentile calculation.
Criteria For Percentage
Candidate must has passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in order to apply. However For admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs & CFTIs candidates must have secured at least 75% in their class 12th board exams (65% for SC/ST students).
No board marks will be taken into account for calculating JEE Main score from the year 2017 onwards.
Subjects Required in the Qualifying Examination (QE) For JEE Main 2017
Applicants should have taken at least 5 subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE Main 2017.Subject combinations is stated below –
1-Language, 2-Physics, 3-Mathematics,
4-Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject), 5-Any other subject.
Mathematics subject with five subjects.
Number of Attempts For JEE Main 2017
The number of attempts, which a candidate can avail at JEE Main 2017, shall be limited to 3 times.
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS AND AGE LIMIT FOR THE STATES OF ODISHA – Since the State of Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system, the age limit, for admission to institutions in the state of Odisha which were earlier admitting candidates based on their Sate level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will, however, be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs.