See here information regarding GATE 2017 application procedure. GATE 2017 application procedure has been started from 01/09/2016. Eligible candidate must know the GATE 2017 application procedure before filling GATE 2017 Application form. Candidate must fill the GATE 2017 application form via GATE online Application Processing System i.e GOAPS. GATE 2017 will be conducted by IIT Roorke.
Application Form 2017 will be available on its official site at www.gate.iisc.ernet.in
Papers Required For filling the GATE 2017 Application Form
- The photograph uploaded must be in colour and should have been taken after September 1, 2016 .
- The photograph must be taken in a white or a very light background.
- The face of the candidate must occupy about 50% of the area in the photograph with a full-face view looking into the camera directly.
- Candidates must ensure that the main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow.
- The forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible in the photograph.
- Candidates putting on spectacles must ensure that there is no glare on the glasses. Candidates can submit a photograph without glasses too.
- Only clear glasses are permitted and photos with goggle, sunglasses or tinted glasses will not be accepted.
- The photograph must be uploaded in JPEG Format on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm (Width x Height) print
- The maximum pixel resolution allowed is 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel) and the minimum pixel resolution is 240 × 320.
- Candidates must draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) on an A4 white paper.
- They must put their signature with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- They must get the signature digitally image scanned by a professional using a scanner, and get the image cropped to the box professionally.
- Candidates must upload their signature in a JPEG image format with the maximum pixel resolution for the image being 160 × 560 and the minimum pixel resolution for the image being 80 × 280.
- Photographs of the signatures taken using mobile phone are not acceptable
- Certificate from Principal for candidates in final year
- Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Course
- Completion Certificate for candidates who have completed their qualifying degree.
- Caste Certificate if applicable.
- Disability Certificate if applicable.
How to Fill the GATE 2017 Application Form
Candidates must first register by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password.
- The GOAPS password should be unique and must not be name, date of birth, or some string of numbers or letters like 12345, abcd, etc. This is to avoid misuse.
- Candidates are required to note that all communication will be sent to the Email ID and the Mobile No given by them during registration.
GOAPS Enrollment ID: After successful registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidates.
Important: Candidates are allowed to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again before the stipulated last date for submission.
- Filling in the GATE 2017 Application Form:
- Candidates must enter their Personal data.
- They must enter their Academic Qualifications and the address for communication.
- They must choose threeGATE 2017 Exam Centres for the list given.
- They must give details of a valid Photo ID. This Photo ID must be carried by the candidates along with theirGATE 2017 Admit Card to the exam hall.
- Candidates must them upload the photograph, signature, supporting documents as required.
Photo ID can be any one of the following:
Driving License,Passport, PAN Card,Voter ID,Aadhaar UID,College ID,Employee Identification CardNotarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address
GATE 2017 Application Fee
Women , SC, ST ,PWD candidates – RS 750 / –
All other Candidates – RS 1500 / –
For International candidates application fee is US $50
Mode of Payment
- Candidates can pay online through Net Banking or Debit/Credit Cards. Or Echallan
Submission of the GATE 2017 Application Form:
- After successful payment, candidates must press the “Confirm and Final Submit” button to submit the GATE 2017 Application Form.
- Candidates may remember that once the application is submitted, candidates cannot change, edit any information in their application form.
- Note: Candidates need not send any documents to the GATE 2016 office.
Problems for Login into GOAPS
In case of forgotten user ID and password candidate must follow the instructions on GOAPS portal to retrieve them.
Useful Dates For GATE 2017 Application process
- GATE 2017 Online Examination Dates: February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays only)
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission – 01/09/2016
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application- 04/10/2016
- Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login-16/11/2016
- Availability of Admit Card – 05/01/2017
- Announcement of Results- 27/03/2017