What is GATE Exam Means ?
GATE/ Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2019 is a national level examination. It is conducted each year to test the aptitude and subject knowledge of the applicant and on the basis of that; they get admission in Engineering PG programmes. GATE 2019 notification released now. GATE is conducted by IIT’s and IISc and this year conducted by IIT Madras. Generally examination held conducted from 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019.
The engineering exam will be held on 23 papers/subjects. The test will be held in ONLINE mode only. A student can attend only any of one paper for GATE 2019. The test will consist of some numerical question and rest of MCQ type questions.
GATE 2019 Exam Summary
Test Name– GATE
Programme Name– Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
Course Offered– Ph.D./M.Tech
Test Level: National
Notification Date– July 2018
Application Date– September 2018
Exam Date– February 2019
Application Mode– Online
GATE score card Validity– 3 years
Career Options After GATE
- Higher Education Options (such as M-Tech, ME or MS)
- Job Options (through Campus Placement, In Private Sector, In Foreign Firms, In Teaching Jobs, In Public Sector)
- PSUs Recruiting
- Scholarships/Stipends and Research Opportunities
Corresponding Administrative Institutes for GATE 2019
GATE 2019 is lead by the collaboration of 8 zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are-
- Zone-1: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Zone-2: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Zone-3: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Zone-4: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Zone-5: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Zone-6: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Zone-7: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Zone-8: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Eligibility Criteria For GATE 2019
GATE 2019 eligibility check below-
- Applicants must have completed B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/BPharmfrom a recognized university.
- Applicants should have completed master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Candidates who have done B.Sc research/B.S post diploma after 12th can also apply for it.
- Applicants must have completed integrated M.Sc or five year integrated B.S. – M.S program from a recognized university.
- Applicants must have completed integrated M.E/M.Tech after B.Sc can also apply for it.
|Qualification Necessary||Explanation of the Qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2019|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA or
|Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2019|
|4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2011|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2020|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated
B. S./M. S. program
|Pursuing final year examination or completed||2019|
|Professional Society Exam equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional
- International applicants should have finished Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Post-graduate (M.Sc.) degree in any related science subject.
- While filling the registration form, apprentices must upload their evidence of qualification eligibility.
- Apprentices who have passed the qualifying degree in 2018 or earlier are necessary to provide the degree certificate/provisional certificate while the other applicants must upload certificate from Principal/head of the institution.
Important Dates for GATE 2019 (Announced)
GATE 2019 Exam dates below-
|Application form release||1st September 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application form||21st September 2018|
|Last date for registration with late fee||1st October 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City withpayment of additional fee||3rd week of November 2018|
|Admit Card available||4th January 2019|
|GATE Examination||2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019|
|Announcement of the Results||16th March 2019|
|GATE Scorecard available for download||20th March to 31st March 2019|
|Counselling starts||1st week of April 2019|
GATE Registration 2019
- All the applicants should have to apply online only after notification which will be held in 1st September 2018 GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Applicants should have to register as a “New User”. Then they should follow the procedure as instructed by the test authority. Candidates must take printout of the application for further use.
GATE 2019 Application Process
GATE 2019 Online Application or Registration check below-
- GATE 2019 Official notice released now, after that all the interested candidate may apply for it via online from 1st sept.
- For GATE 2019, all details related to the applicants will be presented in a single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- In time of filling online application form applicant have to be uploaded the photograph, signature, thumb impression, qualifying degree certificate, and category certificate (SC/ST/PwD).
- Applicants shall be necessary to write the stated number in their ID card of any one of Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee identification or and Driving License.
- The applicants, who don’t have any of these ID cards, can prefer get one of these cards issued before application process.
- Applicants are suggested to fill the application form official website only.
- International applicants, ONLY a valid Passport/ Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID shall be accepted as the recognized identification.
Application fees For GATE 2019
For exam centres in India
- Gen and OBC Male candidates – Rs. 1500/-
- Women candidates- Rs. 750/-
- SC/ST/PD candidates – Rs. 750/-
For exam centres in foreign country (all applicants)
- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu – US$ 50
- Dubai and Singapore – US$ 100
GATE 2019 fees payment must be done through online mode however the selection of payment mode could depend on student (Net Banking, Debit/Credit card, and e-Challan)
GATE 2019 Application Form Correction
GATE Application Form correction 2019 is scheduled to be held just after the completion of GATE 2019 application form. If any candidates do any mistake in their application form then exam authority give a chance to correct the GATE 2019 form. GATE Corrections/Modifications will be allowed in the following grounds:
- Name of Candidate
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Qualifying Exam
- Year of passing
GATE 2019 Exam Mode / Pattern
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern check below-
- GATE 2019 will be held for total 23 papers.
- Test duration will be 3 hours.
- Test mode will be online only (CBT).
- There will be Total 65 questions of highest 100 marks in GATE 2019.
- Question type will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT).
- For MCQ, 4 selections will be given while there will be no choices given for NAT.
- Students are required to enter the real number in Numerical Answer Type Questions with the help of virtual keypad.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: General Aptitude (GA) section is common in all papers.
- It will contain total 150 questions of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).
- In the paper of XE, new section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been involved from the year 2018.
- MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for the questions carrying 1 mark.
- Similarly, for questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be subtracted. No negative marking for Numerical Answer Type questions.
GATE 2019 Hall Ticket / Admit Card
- GATE 2019 Admit card will be available to download at the official site of GATE 2019 in 4th January 2019.
- Admit Cards shall NOT be sent by post/email.
- Bring a color print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Test Center along with the original and valid photo identification documents that you provide as ID proof while filling the online application.
- Students will not allow in the exam hall without GATE admit card 2019.
GATE 2019 Cut-off
GATE 2019 cut off is defined as the minimum scores to qualify the exam. Examinees can check the previous year cutoff marks to know the scores required to qualify in GATE 2019. GATE Cut off marks will determine the aspirant’s eligibility for admission to IITs and IISc. It is the subject which determines whether an aspirant is succeeded in the test or not. GATE 2019 cut-off marks for reserved category candidates are primarily low than the unreserved category candidates.
GATE 2019 Counselling Process
GATE 2019 counselling process will be started after the announcement of result from 1st week of April 2019. There is no common counselling for the IITs while admissions to the NITs are through the CCMT process.
GATE 2019 Syllabus
GATE will be held for 23 papers. Examinees can download the official PDF of GATE 2019 syllabus for AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF and XL.
How to Prepare For GATE 2019
- GATE 2019 preparation tips refer to the suggestion to the candidates to easy crack this examination.
- To crack this examination candidate must read the syllabus of the paper for which you are preparing the exam.
- Candidates must require plan and follow daily and weekly time table.
- Knowing weakness and strength candidate must emphasis on it.
- Candidate should need Practice Previous Years Question Paper Practice online Mock Tests
- Must read GATE Books that covers the entire syllabus.
GATE 2019 Answer Key
GATE 2019 answer key will be declared by the authority after the completion of the exam in the second week of February 2019 separately for every discipline. Aspirant can challenge Answer key through payment of a minimum fee.
GATE 2019 Result
GATE 2019 result will be declared on the GOAPS portal of GATE website. It may be announced in 16th March 2019. GATE Scorecards will be available to download from 20th March to 31st March 2019 for the students who assure marks equivalent or above the cut-off marks.
GATE 2019 Score Card
GATE 2019 Score card will be given to the qualified students. GATE 2019 score card will be valid for three (03) years from the date of declaration of result. It can downloaded from the official website of GATE 2019 from 20th March to 31st March 2019.
GATE 2019 Coaching Institutes
For better result and make good marks in GATE 2019 student should join a reputed coaching centre. The coaching tutor for GATE provided the best time management, mock test, expert opinion and more and it help you a lot for your upcoming exam.
GATE 2019 Contact Information
|Zone||Contact Address||Phone Number||e-mail Id||Website|
|1||Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru 560012||080-22932392, email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org||gate.iisc.ac.in/|
|2||Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai email@example.com||www.gate.iitb.ac.in/|
|3||Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016||011-26591749, firstname.lastname@example.org||gate.iitd.ac.in/|
|4||Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati email@example.com||www.gate.iitg.ac.in/|
|5||Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur firstname.lastname@example.org||gate.iitk.ac.in/|
|6||Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur email@example.com||gate.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|7||Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai firstname.lastname@example.org||gate.iitm.ac.in/|
|8||Chairman, GATE, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee email@example.com||www.iitr.ac.in/gate/|